Countering Malign Kremlin Influence in Europe and Eurasia – a panel discussion by the Community of Democracies and USAID
On July 4th, 2019, the Community of Democracies and USAID held a presentation of a new policy framework, ‘Countering Malign Kremlin Influence in Europe and Eurasia’. The presentation, by USAID Administrator Mark Green, was followed by a panel of Community of Democracies’ Member States addressing malign foreign interference in democracy.
The Community of Democracies’ Secretary General Thomas E. Garrett provided welcome remarks and moderated the panel discussion. The event was held in the sidelines of the G7 Development Ministerial meeting in Paris.
- Brock Bierman, Assistant Administrator for the Bureau for Europe and Eurasia, U.S. Agency for International Development
- Tamar Chugoshvili, First Deputy Chairperson, Parliament of Georgia
- Lawrence Meredith, Director for Neighborhood East Directorate-General for Neighborhood And Enlargement Negotiations (DG NEAR) European Commission
- Dan Neculaescu, State Secretary for Regional Affairs and Multilateral Global Affairs, Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Siim Kumpas, Strategic Communications Advisor, Government Office of Estonia