The Community of Democracies offers university students and recent graduates the opportunity to spend three to six months working on real projects at the cutting edge of democracy, human rights and diplomacy at the Permanent Secretariat of the Community of Democracies in Warsaw, Poland.
Successful candidates will join a diverse and multicultural team that plans and implements activities supporting adherence to common democratic values and standards enshrined in the Warsaw Declaration.
Over the course of the program, interns will be thoroughly engaged with the work of the Community, supporting our experts, helping manage international projects and promoting the values of the Warsaw Declaration.
As an intern at the Permanent Secretariat, you can expect to be involved in the following types of tasks:
- Conducting research and analyzing issues associated with democracy and human rights
- Reviewing or editing documents and diplomatic notes
- Contributing to the development of concept notes, project proposals and communication materials
- Organizing conferences, panel discussions and roundtable discussions with external partners
- Monitoring social media and providing input and contributing to the organization’s communication channels
- Attending events on behalf of the Permanent Secretariat
- As passionate as we are about the values contained in the Warsaw Declaration and committed to supporting democracy and protecting human rights around the world
- University student or a recent graduate with top marks
- Demonstrated interest in democracy, diplomacy, international relations, human rights, civil society, gender equality, diversity, women’s rights and politics
- Professional fluency in English (additional languages are an advantage)
- The internship is held at the Permanent Secretariat of the Community of Democracies in Warsaw, Poland
- The duration of the internship is between three to six months, depending on current needs (please see internship terms and deadlines below) and interns’ availability
- Typical working hours are 10am-4pm Monday to Friday but the PSCD maintains a degree of flexibility
- The PSCD does not offer any payment or expenses allowance for the internship; the interns are responsible for all costs associated with travel, accommodation, insurance and maintenance during the internship duration
- The PSCS does not offer assistance regarding relocation to Poland (visas, accommodation, etc), however interns are encouraged to join the PSCD interns Facebook Group where they can find some useful tips and information on living in Warsaw
Internship Terms and Deadlines
Please note that due to coronavirus pandemic, the PSCD internship programme is temporarily suspended until further notice.
When applying for the internship, candidates are asked to send the following documents to email@example.com with desired Cohort + INTERNSHIP in the email subject line:
- CV without photo
- Letter of motivation (one page)
All documents must be in English.