Working Group on Enabling and Protecting Civil Society Convenes in Stockholm
The Working Group discussed a number of operational and administrative issues regarding the group and its functioning including;
• Consideration of actions in countries considering the adoption of restrictive legislation;
• Examination of emerging trends in legal threats to civil society and consideration of how to counteract the them;
• The potential adoption of new Working Group membership criteria and an expansion the active membership;
• Examination and lessons learned on the “Lifeline – The Embattled NGOs Assistance Fund”;
• Examination of the Working Group's strategic scope and mandate, including the role of the Working Group; and
• Discussion of Working Group involvement in the Community of Democracies' upcoming Ministerial Conference in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, April 27-29, 2013.